en - Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:12:42 +0900

Hi Flemming,

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:25:54 +0200
Flemming Bjerke <address@concealed> wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> I for my part is not interested in forking sympa-community. I will look
> through the different installation input, which has been posted here,
> and see if it is relavant to update my getting started debian installation.
>
> I will post the result on this list. Then, i must be up to others to
> find out how to update the installation instructions on sympa.org.
>
> I have a question:
>
> I notice that you use aliases to configure postfix. I use transport. Is
> there any reason for preferring either of these approaches?

Yes, I prefer to transport, too. However, if the user starts with
setting not enabling multiple virtual hosts, using aliases is easier.

My favorite setting is described here:
http://sympa-ja.org/wiki/Virtual_domain_%28Postfix%29/Real_Virtual_Domain

where no regexp/pcre maps are used. I suppose such catch-all map is
not so good idea, because they may generate backscatter, unintentional
bounce storm.

Regards,

-- Soji

--