en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa does not remove files from "spool/msg"

  • From: Omen Wild <address@concealed>
  • To: Israel Cardenas <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa does not remove files from "spool/msg"
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:10:03 -0800

Quoting Israel Cardenas <address@concealed> on Tue, Nov 23 14:18:

> We have a problem with Sympa. From yesterday, it is queuing mails in
> the "spool/msg" folder. It is not delivering mails to users, and the
> folder is growing.
>
> What can be the reason? Until yesterday, it was working perfectly.

When that happens to us it is because the main process (sympa.pl)
choked and died on a message. What does "/etc/init.d/sympa status"
show? If that shows that any processes have died then stop Sympa and
start it back up. If the queue does not start clearing and sympa.pl
dies again then you have one particular message that is choking Sympa.
You have to find that message and move it out of the way before Sympa
will work properly. Check "spool/tmp" for any *.stderr files that
give a clue.

--
Omen Wild
Security Administrator