en - Re: [sympa-users] Message::new() Cannot open message file ... Permission

  • From: Simon Taylor <address@concealed>
  • To: Tornóci László <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Message::new() Cannot open message file ... Permission
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 00:36:26 +1100

In the end I resolved this with the help of the sendmail -X option.

Looking at the output this generated reminded me that the "queue" and "bouncequeue"
executables were in /etc/smrsh and not in /home/sympa/bin

I was "seduced" into forgetting this by the fact that the lines in the sendmail aliases files
refer to the queue executable in the standard place:

test1: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

It's easy to forget that the alias may *say* /home/sympa/bin/queue but sendmail
is executing the queue program in /etc/smrsh

I've added a paragraph about this in the wiki at:

http://www.sympa.org/faq/mail_interface_trouble_shooting

- Simon