en - Re: [sympa-users] Message::new() Cannot open message file ... Permission

  • From: Tornóci László <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Message::new() Cannot open message file ... Permission
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:14:55 +0100

Simon Taylor wrote:
All I need now is for one of you to tell me what you have *really*
done when you have installed this package.
Absolutely nothing, except following the instructions in the documentation.

I'm going to re-read the installation documentation again for clues,
but I'm beginning to wonder why I didn't opt for mailman instead....

That's something you need to answer yourself, no one else can help you.
There is nothing wrong with using mailman, I've used it myself for years. I switched to sympa because:
- I am more comfortable with perl than python
- I had problems upgrading and migrating mailman (maybe it's my fault)
- I liked the flexibility of sympa

It works for me. Actually sympa is better documented and supported than many other open source packages.
Yours: Laszlo