en - Re: [sympa-users] filtered distribution

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: "Rossano Lunardi @ NaturaSì" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] filtered distribution
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:18:55 +0100

Rossano Lunardi @ NaturaSì wrote:

Hello,

we use Sympa 5.3.3 to send about 40.000 newsletter emails every month

it works greatly but there is a but…

we don’t send always our emails to ALL the subscribers: sometimes we need to send an email to a specific sub-group

for example: just to the subscribers living in a certain province

is it possible to apply a filter to the subscriber list and send just to a sub-group?

Yes it is, but you should consider thinks in another way :

* create each sub categories lists
* create the global list which include each sub categorie list using the include feature. (includes are dynamic and will not create duplicate email).

Hope this help.
Serge