en - [sympa-users] filtered distribution

  • From: Rossano Lunardi @ NaturaSì <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] filtered distribution
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:53:03 +0100

Hello,

we use Sympa 5.3.3 to send about 40.000 newsletter emails every month

it works greatly but there is a but…

we don’t send always our emails to ALL the subscribers: sometimes we need to send an email to a specific sub-group

for example: just to the subscribers living in a certain province

is it possible to apply a filter to the subscriber list and send just to a sub-group?

It would be great if there would be a “tag column” in the database associated to every email address: in this “tag column” we would write

the related key words and then we would use them to filter and send an email just to the receivers we wish

we already read the documentation and we navigated thought the sympa menus but we didn’t see something like that

is that possible? Have you already planned to do it?

Thanks for your attention

Rossano Lunardi

Consulente informatico

tel 045 8918644