en - Re: [sympa-users] filtered distribution

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: "Rossano Lunardi @ NaturaSì" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] filtered distribution
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:43:17 +0100

Hi,

As long as somebody is subscribed to a list, (s)he will receive the mail, except if (s)he specified the "nomail" option. so no filter for receiving the mail.
You have several solutions to do what you want :

- constitute manually a list for each of your subgroups (for marginal sendings), and include them in larger lists for every month sending
- use the automatic list feature : you can predefine lists that will be created only when needed, and whose subscriber will be extracted on the fly from your information system. See: https://www.sympa.org/dev-manual/list-families#automatic_list_creation

Regards,

Rossano Lunardi @ NaturaSì a écrit :

Hello,

we use Sympa 5.3.3 to send about 40.000 newsletter emails every month

it works greatly but there is a but…

we don’t send always our emails to ALL the subscribers: sometimes we need to send an email to a specific sub-group

for example: just to the subscribers living in a certain province

is it possible to apply a filter to the subscriber list and send just to a sub-group?

It would be great if there would be a “tag column” in the database associated to every email address: in this “tag column” we would write

the related key words and then we would use them to filter and send an email just to the receivers we wish

we already read the documentation and we navigated thought the sympa menus but we didn’t see something like that

is that possible? Have you already planned to do it?

Thanks for your attention

*Rossano Lunardi*

Consulente informatico

tel 045 8918644