en - Re: [sympa-users] Shared documents problem (Sympa 5.2.3 on Debian

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Shared documents problem (Sympa 5.2.3 on Debian
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:23:38 +0100

Hi,

Janusz S. Bień a écrit :
[snip]

First, thank you very much for your quick answer.

Secondly, the problem was solved by following your advice,
i.e. setting Admin -> Edit List config
-> Privileges -> Shared documents -> Who can edit.
I can live with the present behaviour of Sympa, but I don't think it
is correct.
We should prevent owners from granting rights if the shared isn't open, do you reckon?
[snip]

But what exactly is expected?

In my opinion, if "Admin -> Edit List config
-> Privileges -> Shared documents -> Who can edit" is set to "owner", then it should be impossible to set edit rights for a specific file or
directory to anything else.
That's true. However, we won't change it right now, because we would first have to seriously refresh the code which is responsible for the shared directory.
That's something we'll do, but no date for now.

In the meantime, you can fill a feature request (or bug report, as you feel fits the best) in our tracker.

Regards,
Best regards

Janusz

--