en - Re: [sympa-users] Shared documents problem (Sympa 5.2.3 on Debian

  • From: address@concealed (Janusz S. Bień)
  • To: Olivier Berger <address@concealed>
  • Cc: David Verdin <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Shared documents problem (Sympa 5.2.3 on Debian
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 23:27:45 +0100

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 Olivier Berger <address@concealed> wrote:

> Le jeudi 06 décembre 2007 à 11:48 +0100, David Verdin a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Janusz S. Bień a écrit :
>> > Although both read and edit rights to a directory are set to
>> > "private", the subscribers are unable to upload files, as they are
>> > unable to switch to the "Expert mode".
>> >
>> > Am I doing something wrong or did I just hit a Debian bug?
>> >
>> No. It's a normal behaviour in Sympa.
>> The visualization of the two buttons (User mode / Expert mode) in the
>> root directory is ruled by the "shared_doc" list parameter.
>> Just go to your list config (Admin -> Edit List config -> Privileges)
>> and check the editions rights.

First, thank you very much for your quick answer.

Secondly, the problem was solved by following your advice,
i.e. setting Admin -> Edit List config
-> Privileges -> Shared documents -> Who can edit.

I can live with the present behaviour of Sympa, but I don't think it
is correct.

>>From what I can understand from the problem reported by Janusz, if both
> parameters are private, the expert mode should be accessible...

Do you mean just both parameters or all the three parameters?

> So there indeed is a problem...
>
> I tried and reproduce on 5.3.3-5 on Debian and everything works as
> expected, I think.

But what exactly is expected?

In my opinion, if "Admin -> Edit List config
-> Privileges -> Shared documents -> Who can edit" is set to "owner",
then it should be impossible to set edit rights for a specific file or
directory to anything else.

Best regards

Janusz

--
,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra