en - Re: [sympa-users] Questions about virtual robots

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Mikael Nehlsen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Questions about virtual robots
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:05:22 +0200

Mikael,

Mikael Nehlsen wrote:
I have installed sympa on a mailserver in the making. It seems to cover all
the things I need like the LDAP support, webarchives and a lot of other
stuff. Now I have a few questions.

1) I have several domains on the server and I want mailinglists for all of them.
But postfix does not allow one to use the virtual domains for mailinglists so I
have set it up with list.domain1.com for domain1.com and list.domain2.com for
domain2.com with the list.domain#.com domains using a transport in postfix (as
described here: http://www.sympa.org/wiki/doku.php?id=postfix&s=virtual). my
problem is that when I create a new list via the webinterface (at for example
list.domain1.com) the list get a name like address@concealed but I want
it to have a name like address@concealed. I know you can change this in the
webinterface but I want it done by default I have tried to edit the robot.conf
and I have been looking at some template for the list config but nothing did work
for me. Is there a way to fix this? It would be nice if it works from both
command line and from thewebinterface.
Why not rename your "virtual robot" directories from list.domain1.com to domain1.com in Sympa etc/ and expl/.
2) Is there any easy way to import majordomo lists into sympa?
A few listmasters have contributed as they were migrating and you should have a look at http://www.sympa.org/contrib.html where a mj2sympa tool is listed.

Because these script are always used once they might not be mature.
Therefore you're welcome to provide a matured version if you work on it.
I might come with more questions as I get more things done on this server.

You're welcome.