en - Re: [sympa-users] Questions about virtual robots

  • From: Mikael Nehlsen <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Questions about virtual robots
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:01:06 +0200

Hi,

Thank you for the reply I haven't tried the majordomo import script yet.

On my first question I tried to do as you said but then I get a mail
back to the sender with:

Impossible to distribute your message for list '' for the following reason :

List 'y' does not exist.
For further information, please contact -request@

The list in this case is called y. I still have list.domain1.com for the
transport in master.cf like:

sympa unix - n n - - pipe
flags=R user=sympa argv=/var/sympa/bin/queue ${recipient}
sympabounce unix - n n - - pipe -v
flags=R user=sympa argv=/var/sympa/bin/bouncequeue ${user}

and have list.domain1.com in the mydestination and relay_domains
parameters in main.cf of postfix. My transport regexps lok like:

/^.*+owner\@list\.domain1\.com$/ sympabounce:
/^.*\@list\.domain1\.com$/ sympa:

and my virtual regexps look like:

/^(.*)-owner\@list\.domain1\.com$/ $address@concealed

and the aliases in are in ldap but corresponds to the aliases:

address@concealed: address@concealed
address@concealed: address@concealed
address@concealed: address@concealed
address@concealed: address@concealed
address@concealed: address@concealed
address@concealed: address@concealed

Thank you for your help.

/Mikael

Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:
> Mikael,
>
> Mikael Nehlsen wrote:
>> I have installed sympa on a mailserver in the making. It seems to
>> cover all the things I need like the LDAP support, webarchives and a
>> lot of other stuff. Now I have a few questions.
>>
>> 1) I have several domains on the server and I want mailinglists for
>> all of them. But postfix does not allow one to use the virtual domains
>> for mailinglists so I have set it up with list.domain1.com for
>> domain1.com and list.domain2.com for domain2.com with the
>> list.domain#.com domains using a transport in postfix (as described
>> here: http://www.sympa.org/wiki/doku.php?id=postfix&s=virtual). my
>> problem is that when I create a new list via the webinterface (at for
>> example list.domain1.com) the list get a name like
>> address@concealed but I want it to have a name like
>> address@concealed. I know you can change this in the webinterface
>> but I want it done by default I have tried to edit the robot.conf and
>> I have been looking at some template for the list config but nothing
>> did work for me. Is there a way to fix this? It would be nice if it
>> works from both command line and from thewebinterface.
>>

> Why not rename your "virtual robot" directories from list.domain1.com to
> domain1.com in Sympa etc/ and expl/.

>> 2) Is there any easy way to import majordomo lists into sympa?
>>
> A few listmasters have contributed as they were migrating and you should
> have a look at http://www.sympa.org/contrib.html where a mj2sympa tool
> is listed.
>
> Because these script are always used once they might not be mature.
> Therefore you're welcome to provide a matured version if you work on it.
>> I might come with more questions as I get more things done on this
>> server.
>>

> You're welcome.

begin:vcard
fn:Mikael Nehlsen
n:Nehlsen;Mikael
org:Swedish Institute of Computer Science
adr:Box 1263;;Isafjordsgatan 22;Kista;;16429;Sweden
email;internet:address@concealed
title:Systems Administrator
tel;work:+46 (0)8 663 1553
tel;fax:+46 (0)8 751 7230