en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa memory-usage

  • From: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa memory-usage
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:12:03 +0200

address@concealed wrote:
[...]
Having said that, I still think sympa is the way to go: I believe it to
be far superior to all the alternatives.
Just one week ago I read the same statement about listserv. ;-) Somehow exactly those issues I consider to be painful about listserv (e.g. lack of internationalization) are considered to be advantages by it's fans (easy templating and customization because there are no worries about i18n).

I'm still trying to get a good overview about current mailinglist-software and I'm very surprised that there are so many features that seem to be unique to sympa.

In my eyes dynamic mailinglists is currently the most important feature that I hardly found with other systems. Fine-grained control about who may control which list-configuration-options comes second. S/MIME would not have been on my requirements-list, since I could not imagined such a feature, but having seen it I would not want to miss it. ;-)

And that's just the three most important features unique to sympa. Other features like i18n/l10n are at the top of my requirements, but are offered by a few other mailinglists-systems, too.

--
CU,
Patrick.