en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa memory-usage

  • From: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • To: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa memory-usage
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:14:15 +0200

Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites wrote:
[...]
Not exactly. Sympa do NOT store in memory subscribers list but just list configuration. So memory usage is not concerned by "large lists" it is by "many lists". "many lists" means 5000 lists or more. Subscriber cache is store in database. Better managment of this cache is all your
Given that subscriber-information is not cached and considering the other answers I received, I don't expect memory-usage to be a real problem in my setup. :-)

[...]
minimize message distribution delay. Sendmail memory usage is also quite high. May be postfix will provide result ?
I prefer exim, but given my current setup with listserv, I can probably reasonably well estimate the exim-memeory-consumption and don't expect problem there.

--
CU,
Patrick.