en - Thinking of installing sympa - questions

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Thinking of installing sympa - questions
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 04:44:31 +0200

Hi, I am currently running a mailing list on Ecartis but development seems to
be just about dead and I am thinking of jumping ship to Sympa. I spent some
time reading the docs but I can't seem to find details on one important
feature ...

My mailing list is text based via email but it is quite common for a message
to include a jpg attachment. Ecartis allows me to strip the attachment from
the email, file the attachment in a designated directory and then append a
note to the text email saying that the attachment was stripped and is
available at such and such url (clickable for direct access).

Does Sympa offer this kind of functionality and is there a place I can look
up more details or instructions on this ?

Also, am I correct in assuming that the Sympa archive search feature only
covers one month worth of posts at a time or can Sympa be set up in such a
way as to display the archives on a monthly basis but searching the archives
covers the entire archive ?

Thanks

Jens