en - Re: [sympa-users] Thinking of installing sympa - questions

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Thinking of installing sympa - questions
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:35:18 +0200

Jens,

address@concealed a écrit :
[...]
My mailing list is text based via email but it is quite common for a message to include a jpg attachment. Ecartis allows me to strip the attachment from the email, file the attachment in a designated directory and then append a note to the text email saying that the attachment was stripped and is available at such and such url (clickable for direct access).

Does Sympa offer this kind of functionality and is there a place I can look up more details or instructions on this ?

Yes Sympa provides such a subscriber reception option : urlize ; maybe it's not so well documented. In this reception mode, attachments used to be replaced by a message/external-body MIME part but we've changed this in recent release of Sympa (4.1.1) to make this part a (per list) customizeable template, the default being a text/plain part (not so many MUA can cope with message/external-body MIME parts).

You cannot directly set a list's reception mode to 'urlize' but there are other ways to do it : setting the default_user_options reception to 'urlize' and only providing this one as the 'available_user_options'.

Read http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node16.html#SECTION001640000000000000000
Also, am I correct in assuming that the Sympa archive search feature only covers one month worth of posts at a time or can Sympa be set up in such a way as to display the archives on a monthly basis but searching the archives covers the entire archive ?

You're wrong ; the default (that might change) is to search in the current month, but via the "advanced search" link you search in a more... advanced manner.
--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • Re: [sympa-users] Thinking of installing sympa - questions, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 04/23/2004