en - Re: [sympa-users] Thinking of installing sympa - questions

  • From: Cef <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Thinking of installing sympa - questions
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:55:43 +1000

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:54 pm, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
> As Sympa maintainer I really have to admit that the maintainer scripts
> have several flaws. I didn't like them at the time I adopted sympa
> and never managed to get them fixed.

I can probably help with some bugfixes in this regard. There are also a few
outstanding issues with 3.4.4.3 (which of course is what is currently in
sid/sarge) that might need to be fixed if 4.1 is going to take a while. I'm
happy to submit patches and bugfixes, at least to make the 3.4.4.3
robust,secure and easily installable in the short term.

> Currently I'm working on Sympa 4.1 packages and I'm finally going
> to rewrite the whole configuration for better integration with
> sympa and better quality.

Any idea how long (roughly) we're looking at?

> Any help is welcome.

No problem. I'm quite interested in helping out. When you have packages that
need testing, drop me a line and I'll give them a shot.