en - Re: [sympa-users] Thinking of installing sympa - questions

  • From: Stefan Hornburg <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Thinking of installing sympa - questions
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:54:59 +0200

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:08:08 +0200
Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed> wrote:

> Mandi! Jens
> In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > > apt-get install sympa
> > been there, done that .... and got stuck :)
> > It doesn't help that I haven't got a database running but it also appears
> > that, even in Debian, you still need to do a lot of manual setup to get a
> > test list going.
>
> Boh, i've installed sympa some time ago, but i've not found any big
> problem; it's tru that i've hacked debian installation ,but because
> i've a strange apache setup and so i've had to tackle some config
> file...

As Sympa maintainer I really have to admit that the maintainer scripts
have several flaws. I didn't like them at the time I adopted sympa
and never managed to get them fixed.

Currently I'm working on Sympa 4.1 packages and I'm finally going
to rewrite the whole configuration for better integration with
sympa and better quality.

Any help is welcome.

Racke

Interchange Development Team