en - Anonymous/No Subject -- FIXED -- note for others (was Re: RedHat 9 issue? (was Re: [sympa-users] Anonymous/No Subject when items being archived))

  • From: Walter Hopgood <address@concealed>
  • To: Walter Hopgood <address@concealed>, Joshua Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Anonymous/No Subject -- FIXED -- note for others (was Re: RedHat 9 issue? (was Re: [sympa-users] Anonymous/No Subject when items being archived))
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:08:09 -0700 (PDT)

OK, so two weeks of frustration with mhonarc/sympa have finally been
resolved. I don't konw if this was a change with RedHat 9 or my
install of the product, BUT people need to know this.

With my install (per RedHat 9, I believe), the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n
was created as:
----------
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
----------

As such, my $LANG was set to "en_US.UTF-8". I unset this variable and
reset it as "en_US" and tried archiving a message by hand, and it
archived properly. I then reset the variable for my system to use
"LANG=en_US", rebooted, and sympa passed to mhonarc and mhonarc
archived just fine. I had rebuilt the file as:

LANG="en_US"
SUPPORTED="en_US:en_US.UTF-8:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

I can't be the only one who's run into this, or I'm the only one who's
been screwed by RedHat 9. :)

Walter