en - Postgres upgrade trouble - any solutions anyone knows of?

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Postgres upgrade trouble - any solutions anyone knows of?
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 11:57:49 -0400

Hi Folks,

I run sympa on a debian testing box. I did an upgrade last night that included a major upgrade of postgres (in this case, there is a change of database file format, so it's a bigger deal than usual). I was upgrading a bunch of boxes at the same time, and wouldn't you know it, the only table that didn't restore properly of all of the databases on all of the boxes was one sympa table, on the one box that I'd forgotten to do my own backup dump of before hand.

Anyway, the sympa subscribers_table is missing. The user_table is present. The odd thing was that the table is present, but all the data is missing.

So, this is the question: is there any way anyone can think of to restore the subscribers_table? I've sent an email to the debian package maintainer for postgres, but I wondered if anyone here had any suggestions on what to do. Luckily, I seem to have all the user data, but the subscriber data seems to be toast.

Thanks.
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain dot net http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575
SMS: 4132226350 at messaging dot sprintpcs dot com

"I am determined to cultivate only thoughts that increase trust and love, to use my hands to perform only deeds that build community, to speak only words of harmony and aid." - Thich Nhat Hanh