en - Re: [sympa-users] Initial List Creation

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Todd Cole <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Initial List Creation
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:20:16 +0100

Todd Cole wrote:

> 1) Using wwsympa.fcgi users are able to post a message (which provides
> a send_mail: action succeeded confirmation). These postings, however,
> just seem to disappear and are never delivered to subscribers.
>
> 2) Attempting to post by mailing directly to the list results in a
> message from SYMPA that states,
>
> "This is an automatic response sent by Sympa Mailing Lists Manager.
>
> The following address is not a known mailing list :"
>
> We are getting this message even though the list appears in wwsympa.fcgi
> and was created there initially???

You must check logs, if not so clear run sympa.pl using "-d" option
(debug) to get large logs.

When creating a list using wwsympa, the list can be created with "status
pending" which mean that the list have to be validated by listmaster
before to have "status open". The status of the created list depend on
the "create_list" used. Check it in the <list>/config file. When list
have "status pending" no message can be distributed, only list owner can
access to the list via wwsympa.

Serge

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex