en - Re: [sympa-users] Initial List Creation

  • From: Harald Wilhelmi <address@concealed>
  • To: Todd Cole <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Initial List Creation
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:19:13 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 02:44:44PM -0500, Todd Cole wrote:
> 2) Postings to the lists created in wwsympa.cfgi are NOT delivered to
> users subscribed to the list. (We receive an "action_succeeded" message
> but the posting never arrives.) When users attempt to post to a list
> via email, they receive a message similar to the following:
>
> "This is the Postfix program at host wheezy.ovcamex.com.

So you are using Postfix as MTA. My experiences are limited
to sendmail. Maybe you find some hints in the sympa-users
mailing list archives about Sympa+Postfix.

> <address@concealed>: unknown user: "test" "

Seems that the aliases are missing. Ussually Sympa uses a alias manager
to write some aliases to a file (/etc/mail/aliases or
/etc/mail/sympa_aliases is often used - but it's configurable)
and calls newaliases to tell sendmail that the aliases have changed.
Maybe that's different with Postfix or Postfix doesn't know about
the aliases file Sympa tries to use. Check to documentation
(Sympa+Postfix) for the details.

Regards
Harald Wilhelmi

Harald Wilhelmi Betastr. 9A
TNG Technology Consulting GmbH 85774 Unterfoehringen
Partner Tel: +49(89)21589960
address@concealed Web: www.tngtech.com