en - RE: [sympa-users] Initial List Creation

  • From: "Todd Cole" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "Harald Wilhelmi" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Initial List Creation
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:52:19 -0500

Gentlemen,

Once again, thank you for your help. We have gone back to square one,
re-installed the entire Mandrake distribution (just to make sure we are
clean) and this is where we are:

1) Users can subscribe to lists using wwsympa.fcgi.
2) Users receive confirmation messages from SYMPA upon subscribing to a
list.

We are still, however, having two serious problems:

1) Using wwsympa.fcgi users are able to post a message (which provides
a send_mail: action succeeded confirmation). These postings, however,
just seem to disappear and are never delivered to subscribers.

2) Attempting to post by mailing directly to the list results in a
message from SYMPA that states,

"This is an automatic response sent by Sympa Mailing Lists Manager.

The following address is not a known mailing list :"

We are getting this message even though the list appears in wwsympa.fcgi
and was created there initially???

Please let me know if you can offer any suggestions for correcting the
above issues.

-Todd

Todd G. Cole
Vice President and CIO