en - Anonymous_sender / Custom_header

  • From: "Todd Cole" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Anonymous_sender / Custom_header
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:28:23 -0500

All,

I would like to change the text that appears in the "From" field of a
list message...currently it is address@concealed
<mailto:address@concealed> . Would like it to be a personal name,
such as "Corporate List" or the like.

The two fields in Sympa that appear as if they may solve the problem are
anonymous_sender and custom_header. When I enter a value for the
anonymous sender (corporatelist), the from field is changed to
address@concealed <mailto:address@concealed> (notice
the domain is still appended). I haven't been able to alter the
custom_header field successfully...what I tried to enter ("Corporate
List" <mylist@mydomaincom>) generated a syntax error and was not
accepted.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to have SYMPA generate a personal
name and, if so, how?

Tia,

Todd G. Cole
Vice President and CIO
Online Vacation Center
1801 NW 66th Avenue, Suite 102
Plantation, FL 33313-4534
phone: (954) 377-6424
fax: (954) 377-6368

  • Anonymous_sender / Custom_header, Todd Cole, 02/05/2002