en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa looping forever (and sending lots of mail) after a wrong command

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Frank Dekervel <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa looping forever (and sending lots of mail) after a wrong command
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 16:14:51 +0100

Frank Dekervel wrote:

> Op dinsdag 29 januari 2002 14:37, schreef u:
> > Frank Dekervel wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When someone sent a bogus DISTRIBUTE command to sympa,
> > > it went mad and kept sending mails (more than 100 before we killed it)
> > > to the issuer of the command.

I have understand this bug . It is the result of incorrect access to the
new subdirectory "bad" in the msg spool. (path may look like
/var/sympa/spool/msg/bad). When sympa detect a wrong message it is moved
in this directory insteed of in a file prefixed with "BAD.". This ease
further spool scanning.

Unfortunitly if Sympa has insuffisante permission to rename
/var/sympa/spool/msg/XXX in XXX , Sympa continue it's infinite loop
where it should exit. This is fixed in the CVS tree. Now you just need
to check /var/sympa/spool/msg/bad access (it should be owned by
sympa.sympa).

Regards

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex

  • Re: [sympa-users] sympa looping forever (and sending lots of mail) after a wrong command, Aumont, 02/04/2002