en - Re: Can't connect to LDAP server!

  • From: Rajat <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Can't connect to LDAP server!
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 00:53:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi Oliver,

my posting to the the mailing lists are not working
the error log says --->

Dec 18 14:05:26 ns sympa[17817]: No From found in
message, skipping.
Dec 18 14:05:26 ns sympa[17817]: Renaming bad file
mylist.977128524.17839 to BAD-mylist.977128524.17839

and there is this file in my spool/msq directory -->

filename ---> BAD-mylist.977127904.17764
(sympa@[9.184.203.20]) (envelope-sender
<address@concealed>)
by ns.ibmdellinux.com (qmail-ldap-1.03) with
SMTP
for <address@concealed>; 18 Dec 2000
08:24:51 -0000
testing posting messages to mylist via dhiraj

am using qmail .. and in my /etc/sympa.conf my
sendmail attribute has /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject
---> qmail's command-line mail delivery program ... in
order to use it u just say simply ..
#echo 'to: address@concealed' |
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

it has a "-f" OPTION which is used for specifying the
sender to the qmail-queue as the envelop sender
address.

qmail-inject reads a mail message from its standard
input, adds appropriate information to the message
header, and invokes qmail-queue to send the
message to one or more recipients.

i saw that in the source code of sympa "smtp.pm"
sendmail options are hardcoded ....

is this this the coz that my postings r not working
... ?????
if yes then how can use qmail ... i would be gratefull
if u could help me out if you have not tested sympa
with qmail then i can check them out for you ..

also i did this ----->

i appended the following code below line no. 3241 in
the wwsympa.fcgi for getting the aliases and recomiled
and installed

open(FILE, ">/home/sympa/list.aliases");

----> { print FILE "";}
#here all the code which prints $param->{'aliases'}

close(FILE);

and made a crontab entry to append these aliases in
the /etc/aliases and then run the 'newaliases' command
.. it works!!!!!!
:)

but i have a few queries ..

1.) what i want is on the home page instead of "Send
me a password" i need a sign on page for making a user
login entry in the user_table of sympa database ????

2.) it was not difficult to figure out the aliases
code appendig .. but can u please help me out where in
the src code should i append the ldap authentication
code ... i can write that module .... but i do'nt
understand the src code tree of sympa ....
so that i have ready users who are already in my LDAP
database to be part of the sympa user base .. and they
can carry on with their subscriptions from their
logins and can even create mailing lists....

thanks for all the help you are giving ....

best regards
Rajat