en - Re: Can't connect to LDAP server!

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Can't connect to LDAP server!
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:37:52 +0100

Rajat wrote:

> i have the following error in my "/var/log/sympa" file :
> [...]
> Dec 13 18:59:28 ns wwsympa[9782]: Can't connect to LDAP server '' '389' :
> IO::Socket::INET: Bad peer address

> my "config" file for mylist is :
> [...]
> user_data_source include
>
> include_ldap_query
>
> host 192.168.100.2
> suffix o=ibmdellinux,c=in
> filter (mailgroup=mylist)

You shouldn't have that empty line after "include_ldap_query" !
"host", "suffix" & "filter" are part of the "include_ldap_query"
paragraph.

> Also the topics field says "Select a topic" in the create_list process
> ... even though i have defined the topics ....

Once you have defined the available topics in topics.conf, the list
creator
has to choose a topic for his/her list.

> I also want to remove one hop in the creation if the mailing list .. i
> do'nt want to send the request to the listmaster ... i want the users to
> create the mailing lists as desired by them ...
>
> something like what egroups.com is doing ...

All you have to do is write your own create_list scenario with a single
line :
true() md5,smime -> do_it

What's missing is the aliases installation at creation time, because it
requires root privileges.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseaux des Universités