en - Re: Can't connect to LDAP server!

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Rajat <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Can't connect to LDAP server!
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:30:52 +0100

Rajat wrote:

> I have a few more queries ...
>
> 1.) If i extract the Subscribers from the LDAP
> database ... and i try to login into wwsympa it gives
> an error ..
> Dec 14 17:51:28 ns wwsympa[17143]: [client
> 192.168.100.12] do_login(address@concealed)
> Dec 14 17:51:28 ns wwsympa[17143]: [client
> 192.168.100.12] do_login: incorrect password for user
> address@concealed
>
> this user "address@concealed" is a LDAP user and not
> a regular system user and is not in the sympa database
> ..

What password did you provide then ?
U should ask for your password ("Remind my password"). Sympa will send
you an email
with your initial password, stored in the database.

> 2.) y is the subscription closed when we use LDAP ????

Yes.
When the list is of "include" type, one can't subscribe or unsubscribe
from
the list. But you can mix "include" sources :
- include_ldap
- include_sql
- include_file
- include_list

> 3.) As u mentioned that for adding aliases for the
> mailing list one needs root's access ....

> then if i have those aliases in some text file in /home/sympa ....
> then i can make a "cron" job which will after 15 min.
> pick up that text file and append them in the
> /etc/aliases and then i can use the qmail's
> "newaliases " via that same cronjob to create the
> aliases .. as the cron job is run via the root .. i
> do'nt see any problem in doing this ...
>
> the only problem is how to get those aliases in a
> plain text file to be appended to the aliases file????
>
> can u help me in telling me how to generate this
> aliases file ....?????

We will rather introduce a new parameter in wwsympa.conf,
install_list_aliases myprog.pl

WWSympa would provide to this this program either the listname or
the complete aliases. This program would be site-dependant and
would probably require root SetUID bit.

> 4.) i tried this
>
> true() md5,smime -> do_it
>
> in /home/sympa/bin/etc/scenari/create_list.default
>
> etc path in sympa.conf is /home/sympa/bin/etc
>
> but the listmaster still has too validate it ????
>
> how can i avoid this ... if u can help me define the
> custon scenari and how to install it i would
> appreciate it ...

Actually the list is created (it does not appear in pending lists), but
the
message returned is not correct. We'll correct this as soon as possible.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseaux des Universités