en - Re: Can't connect to LDAP server!

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Rajat <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Can't connect to LDAP server!
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:26:38 +0100

Rajat wrote:

> 1.) i had supplied the password which i have entered
> in the ldap entry for that user ... which is encrypted
> of type {crypt}
>
> hmmm .. is it necessary that the ldap user has to be
> in my postgres database too ?????

Currently Yes.
We plan to allow LDAP-based authentication that will work the following
way :

Sympa's config file will define domains and associated LDAP servers.
If a user is within the doamin, then sympa should query the LDAP
server
to check the passwork. If no LDAP server is defined, then sympa
would use its own database.

We should do this in a few months time, before Sympa' presentation at
ED-Media
conference (http://www.aace.org/conf/edmedia/) next june.

> 2.) so if the subscription is closed in case of
> include_ldap then .. the above pt. should work !!!
>
> on second thoughts what does the documentation mean by
> sayin that the subscribers are extracted from the ldap
> and populated in the database

Populated ?!?

> .. and ttl is the parameter to define the delay time in doin so .. an u
> help me ion figuring this one ?????

<ttl> seconds after the subscribers have been loaded by sympa/wwsympa,
every data sources (include_xxx) will be reloaded to build the
subscribers
list.

> 3.)
> > We will rather introduce a new parameter in
> > wwsympa.conf,
> > install_list_aliases myprog.pl
>
> when will it be possible to use this parameter .. ?
> meanwhile do u think it is possible to do so .. any
> way around it .. i can get the aliases ... the code
> which generates the web page with the aliases ... if i
> could know .. i can add lines to output the data in a
> text file ... u know till the next release ..

I am afraid we won't have time to code it untill 1 or 2 weeks time.

> 4.) ok cool ... so i can safely ignore this till the
> next release ...
>
> Also how can i contribute in this development project, in terms of coding
> etc. ?

I don't know what is your usage of Sympa, what can profit you and sympa
users comunauty.

You could probably contribute to translation of WWSympa unless your
mother tongue
is english.

thanks

--