en - Re: Can't connect to LDAP server!

  • From: Rajat <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Can't connect to LDAP server!
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:30:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi Oliver,

thnx for the info ....

1.) i had supplied the password which i have entered
in the ldap entry for that user ... which is encrypted
of type {crypt}

hmmm .. is it necessary that the ldap user has to be
in my postgres database too ?????

2.) so if the subscription is closed in case of
include_ldap then .. the above pt. should work !!!

on second thoughts what does the documentation mean by
sayin that the subscribers are extracted from the ldap
and populated in the database .. and ttl is the
parameter to define the delay time in doin so .. an u
help me ion figuring this one ?????

3.)
> We will rather introduce a new parameter in
> wwsympa.conf,
> install_list_aliases myprog.pl

when will it be possible to use this parameter .. ?
meanwhile do u think it is possible to do so .. any
way around it .. i can get the aliases ... the code
which generates the web page with the aliases ... if i
could know .. i can add lines to output the data in a
text file ... u know till the next release ..
:)

4.) ok cool ... so i can safely ignore this till the
next release ...

Also how can i contribute in this development project,
in terms of coding etc. ?

Your efforts in helping me out are greatly
appreciated.
:)

regards
Rajat