devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Next release(s)

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Next release(s)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:13:11 +0200

On 03/30/2017 12:57 PM, Marc Chantreux wrote:
> hello,
>
>>> * sympa-backend-* the abstract classes for serialization
>>> * sympa-mlm the mailing list manager
>>> * sympa-rest-server the REST server over mlm
>>> * sympa-vue the web UI over rest-server
>>> * sympa-tt the web UI over mlm (if someone wants to maintain)
>>>

>> Hello Marc,
>>
>> an essential component would be
>> * sympa-schema the data storage schema (DBIx::Class)
>
> sure ... in my dream, sympa-schema is one of the sympa backends
>
>>> * dive in
>>> * reason about
>>> * package and install
>>
>> * test test test
>
> of course but this is another "workshop" of the hackathon: create a
> docker stack so anyone can dev and test easily. i was just talking about
> how i would like sympa to be split as it change the way we should think
> release cycles.
>
>> For the anticipated limited amount of developers PRs to master work
>> much better (lesson learned in Dancer project).
>> This implies proper CI testing of course.
>
> What about the test suite in another repo (like the perl6 roast) ?

That doesn't make much sense to me. You want to have tested each PR
at the time you push it to the repository.

We were talking about making Sympa development easier for new developers,
separating out the test suite would defeat this purpose in my opinion.

Regards
Racke

> I'm always really happy to have someone commited. please anyone comment
> if disagree.
>
> marc

Debian and Sympa administration.