devel - [sympa-developpers] the perl version we should use ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] the perl version we should use ?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:12:17 +0200

hello,

i asked the question and few people replied.

https://framadate.org/lP9alODVsdywvmnu

As it seems, some people would like to stay more conservative and
(sometimes even 5.14) and comments made me change my mind about using
5.20:

02/24/2017 11:11 Laszlo Tornoci
Current (7.3) RHEL provides perl 5.16 by default
02/24/2017 21:14 Roger Klorese
We really need to stick with the off-the-shelf current RHEL/CentOS

so yes, i think 5.16 is a good compromise. any strong opinion on that ?
someone to defend 5.20 or 5.14 ?

regards
marc

  • [sympa-developpers] the perl version we should use ?, Marc Chantreux, 03/30/2017