devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Memory usage in bulk.pl in 6.0.1

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: András Bendzsák <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Memory usage in bulk.pl in 6.0.1
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:21:53 +0200

> Have you guys observed similar behavior? Is it possible that bulk.pl is
> not freeing some memory after it uses it?

I've experienced a similar memory leakage with sympa-5.4 expect that we
haven't got delivery issues. Here is a munin figure:
http://home.sch.bme.hu/~sibike/sympa-5.4-memory-usage.png
It shows when I restarted the sympa deamon, the memory usage halved.

We are planning the migration to 6.0 this summer, so I haven't looked
deeper the problem but if it will still remain after the upgrade I
invastigate the memory leaks. Maybe there are some circle reference in
the process but I'm only guessing know.

--
Andras Bendzsak
Schonherz Dormitory