devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Debian Packages for Sympa 6.0.1

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Debian Packages for Sympa 6.0.1
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 22:42:46 +0200

Hi,

This is due to an unset --docdir configure parameter.
It looks like it is not correctly defaulted in the configure.ac

I'll add a bug about it.

Regards,

David

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) a écrit :
address@concealed">David Verdin wrote:
Hi Racke !

That's great, I read about it on the Debian mailing lists. Normally, with the recent works on the Sympa autotools by Guillaume Rousse, you should have quite an easier job packaging Sympa.

I probably won't have the possibility to chat, but please contact me by mail if you face any trouble while working on the package.

OK, here I am. For whatever reasons the build process tries to install
the sample files into the /sample directory.

You can see the ./configure settings below (line 43 ff):

http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/sympa.git;a=blob;f=debian/rules;h=2991293512bb15b9a105fbbe65fdddeb396174d8;hb=79fdb4f9db9c7640170ea78eeb03bd788713edf4

For now I worked around this problem by moving the files after the build (line 140 ff),
but I'm curious what is going wrong here.

BTW: What is the purpose of the bulk daemon? It looks like I need to start
it from the init script. Please advise.

Regards
         Racke