devel - [sympa-dev] Re: [sympa-users] Proposal - Full virtual domain support

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Scott Balmos <address@concealed>
  • To: Scott Balmos <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: [sympa-users] Proposal - Full virtual domain support
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:44:31 -0500

A note about the new get_lists & get_which. I know they're used in the SOAP server and Commands.pm & Family.pm of Sympa itself. However, we do not have to worry about changing the usage of their return values in these other files, since we allow "list@robot" names in List::new. Usually we see the following type of code:

foreach my $listname ( &List::get_lists($robot)) {
my $list = new List ($listname, $robot)
do_log(debug2, 'foobar list %s unknown by robot %s', $listname, $robot)
}

This is still okay, since there is never a time (at least that I can imagine) where the robot part of list@robot in $listname would not match $robot.

Note that in the case of Commands.pm, when doing a listing of public lists, a which command, subscription reminders, etc, they'll all now give list@robot fully-qualified listnames in their results, and thus in the emails. Also, email commands like ADD, DEL, AUTH, etc were all modified to give full list@robot names. This still should not be a problem, since in all the cases, the listname parameter from these commands is passed straight off into List::new, which does the splitting of robot name from the given listname.

Just an FYI when reviewing my patch. :)

--Scott

Scott Balmos wrote:

rewrote get_lists. Now returns "list@robot" entries