devel - [sympa-dev] Re: [sympa-users] Proposal - Full virtual domain support

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Scott Balmos <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: [sympa-users] Proposal - Full virtual domain support
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:50:51 +0100

Hi Scot,

We are currently working at making the full virtual robot support available, as a background job. The changes are important, including the ones you suggested.

We have currently done more than half of the job. We'll send more information about these developments in the sympa-dev mailing list. We'll also think about creating a CVS branch for it ASAP...

Scott Balmos a écrit :

I'll admit I'm looking at what Cef is suggesting. Though I'm already having to do that kind of a naming scheme in the background for Postfix to be happy. It ain't pretty. :)

You know what they say about Open Source... If you have an itch, scratch it. Attached is a proposed patch against 5.0b1 which implements full robot tracking in the database and (hopefully) all internal data structures, queue filenames, etc. See below for the summary list of changes. I have yet to really try this on my box... It passes a smoke test, as far as I can tell.

Comments, criticisms, etc greatly appreciated, especially if I missed anything (task_manager I'm worried about, for some reason). I had a few hours to kill, this problem was a showstopper for my system's setup, etc etc etc. I just hope I didn't royally screw anything and end up getting flamed off the list. :)
[...]