en - Re: [en@sympa] HTML Links placed on a Sympa list's home page to external sites don't work

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: "Widerski, Betty" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] HTML Links placed on a Sympa list's home page to external sites don't work
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 16:12:56 +0900

Hi Betty,

On 2023/05/24 4:47, Widerski, Betty wrote:
I want to put a mailto: link on a list's home page, like
target="_blank">Unsubscribe from mylist</a>

It appears on the list home page as if it's a link, but clicking on it does nothing. I
tried with and without target="_blank" to open a new window.

I then tried linking to a basic website:

This also looked like a link but didn't function. I then tried linking to an
internal Sympa web_tt2 page:
link</a>

The link to an internal page works. Is there some configuration in Sympa
that prevents links to external sites working when the HTML is on a Sympa
page?

I have partly gotten around it by having a separate nonSympa WWW root above
it (Sympa is listsdev.site.edu/lists, nonSympa is
listsdev.site.edu/something.html). If I put the mailto: URL on an HTML page
external to Sympa but still on the same server it works properly, so it feels
like Sympa is the block.

To prevent users from inserting potentially dangerous external links
into Sympa web pages, links to external sites other than those allowed
by allowed_external_origin parameter are disabled. Please see below for
details:

https://www.sympa.community/gpldoc/man/sympa_config.5.html#allowed_external_origin

Regards,
-- Soji

Thanks
Betty

Betty Widerski
Cloud & Server Engineering - HBS Information Technology
HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL
Shad 108 N | address@concealed<mailto:address@concealed> | T: 617.495.6642

--
株式会社 コンバージョン