en - [en@sympa] HTML Links placed on a Sympa list's home page to external sites don't work

  • From: "Widerski, Betty" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] HTML Links placed on a Sympa list's home page to external sites don't work
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 19:47:00 +0000

I want to put a mailto: link on a list’s home page, like

It appears on the list home page as if it’s a link, but clicking on it does nothing. I tried with and without target=”_blank” to open a new window.

I then tried linking to a basic website:

This also looked like a link but didn’t function. I then tried linking to an internal Sympa web_tt2 page:

The link to an internal page works.  Is there some configuration in Sympa that prevents links to external sites working when the HTML is on a Sympa page?

I have partly gotten around it by having a separate nonSympa WWW root above it (Sympa is listsdev.site.edu/lists, nonSympa is listsdev.site.edu/something.html). If I put the mailto: URL on an HTML page external to Sympa but still on the same server it works properly, so it feels like Sympa is the block.

Thanks

Betty

Betty Widerski

Cloud & Server Engineering – HBS Information Technology

HARVARD  BUSINESS  SCHOOL

Shad 108 N | address@concealed | T: 617.495.6642