en - Re: [en@sympa] Beginner's Help

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] Beginner's Help
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:12:22 +0200

On 23/05/2023 23:21, Phil Stracchino wrote:
On 5/23/23 11:10, VTR wrote:
I confess, I am weak on Linux and mail routing and but have been tasked with
setting up Sympa for my company.

We have an Office 365 tenant with MX pointing to it. Let’s call the domain
example.org <http://example.org/>. All mail gets delivered to it.

My company wants to set up a Sympa server for mail list management.

I installed Sympa on a variation of RHEL, installed SQLite, installed
Sendmail, and am stuck here.

Just a thought:  You might consider using Postfix instead of Sendmail. You
will probably find it enormously easier to correctly configure it and
properly secure it (and there is an active user mailing list willing to help).

It has been said of Sendmail that Sendmail is not an MTA (Mail Transfer
Agent), it is a toolkit for building MTAs.  It's very good at what it *does*,
but not everyone wants, needs, or *knows how* to correctly build their own
MTA.

Yes, using Postfix instead of Sendmail is definitely a good idea.

Regards
Racke

--
Automation expert - Ansible and friends