en - Re: [en@sympa] HTML Links placed on a Sympa list's home page to external sites don't work

  • From: Matt Taggart <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] HTML Links placed on a Sympa list's home page to external sites don't work
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 13:51:11 -0700

On 5/23/23 12:47, Widerski, Betty wrote:
I want to put a mailto: link on a list’s home page, like

It appears on the list home page as if it’s a link, but clicking on it does nothing. I tried with and without target=”_blank” to open a new window.

I then tried linking to a basic website:

This also looked like a link but didn’t function. I then tried linking to an internal Sympa web_tt2 page:

When you put your mouse cursor over the link, does the destination it shows (usually in the lower left corner of your browser window) match what you expect? (you could do "view source" or something too, but that's more difficult). I don't know what sympa does here, but I suspect it's getting rewritten or is relative vs absolute and not matching what you expect.

--
Matt Taggart
address@concealed