  • From: Mark Cairney <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:31:04 +0100

Hi Soji,

Thanks for confirming. A bit of a shame but at least confirming that the feature isn't functional rules out user error!

Kind regards,

Mark

On 24/05/2023 07:59, IKEDA Soji wrote:
[You don't often get email from address@concealed. Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

Hi Mark,

On 2023/05/23 17:37, Mark Cairney wrote:
Hi,

We're now looking at some of our acceptance testing and one feature that
doesn't seem to be available by default on the latest version is users
bulk suspending their subscriptions.

On the previous version (6.1.17) there would be a 'manage subscriptions'
button which would direct to the 'suspend_request' page and present a
list of all subscribed list with the option to toggle each list
invidually (or all/none) and suspend subscription. This was useful if
going on extended leave for example.

On the current dev version (6.2.70) this button doesn't appear to appear
even in the 'My Lists' page. Going direct to the 'suspend_request' page
I see a list of the subscribed pages but each of them has 'You are not
allowed to suspend your subscription / unsusbscribe from this list.'
shown underneath them.

I've went through the edit_list.conf and sympa.conf files and don't see
an obvious missing setting. Is this known behaviour?

The function to change the user's own preferences in all subscribing
lists at once was not a reliable enough implementation and has been
removed.

If you would like this feature to be restored in the future, we would
appreciate it if you would submit a feature request as a reminder:
https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/issues/new/choose

Regards,
-- Soji

Many thanks,

Mark

--
株式会社 コンバージョン
ITソリューション部 システムソリューション1グループ 池田荘児

--

Mark Cairney
ITI Enterprise Services
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email: address@concealed

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.