en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa on Debian hangs after apache2 reload

  • From: Phil Stracchino <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa on Debian hangs after apache2 reload
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 11:23:50 -0400

On 3/31/22 04:43, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
Hi everybody,

on a machine with Debian 10.12 and the Debian version of Sympa installed
I encountered this problem:

Every time when the Apache process is reloaded the Sympa webpages are
not accessible any more until I restart the Apache.

Silly question: Are you restarting fastcgi after you restart Apache?

I made changes to my service dependencies when installing Sympa on Gentoo. I made apache2 a dependency (needs, after) for fastcgi, and fastcgi a dependency for sympa. So when I restart Apache, OpenRC:
- stops sympa
- stops fastcgi
- restarts apache
- starts fastcgi