en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa on Debian hangs after apache2 reload

  • From: Nigel Titley <address@concealed>
  • To: Christof Thalhofer <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa on Debian hangs after apache2 reload
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 10:46:12 +0100

On 31/03/2022 10:32, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
Hi Nigel,

Am 31.03.22 um 10:57 schrieb Nigel Titley:

I've been getting something similar for a couple of years. I've asked
several times on the list and no one seems to have any idea what might
be causing it.

I've resorted to restarting apache regularly. It's nice to hear that
someone else is seeing it. I'm very close to chucking apache and
replacing it with nginx just in case it's an apache problem.

Ok, this is what I did:

I tried to switch 'use_fast_cgi' in /etc/sympa/sympa/sympa.conf from '1' to '0' with no effect.

Yep, tried that too

Restart Apache via Cron at 0:01 in the morning as Letsencrypt does an Apache reload at 0:00.

Yep

But meanwhile I see that Apache reloads occur on other times also so that the access to the webpages of Sympa is not very reliable ...

Yes, exactly my case too.

It looks like Sven may have nailed the source of the problem (broken mpm_event Apache < 2.4.45)). That has pushed me just a tiny step closer to nginx

Nigel