en - Re: [sympa-users] Logging and LDAP issue

  • From: Fred van Etten <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Logging and LDAP issue
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:51:49 +0100

On Wed, 2021-11-17 at 11:43 +0900, IKEDA Soji wrote:
> Hi Fred again,
>
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:54:47 +0100
> "Fred van Etten" (via sympa-users Mailing List) <
> address@concealed> wrote:
>
> > I've installed sympa from source following the instructions on the
> > website. I use systemd on my server and I have all service files in
> > place to start sympa and wwsympa. All that remains now is to get
> > LDAP
> > working for this to be a success. So, I created
> > '$SYSCONFDIR/auth.conf'
> > with the same details that work on my old sympa server and it fails
> > without even a mention in the logs.
> >
> > I have configured logs as per instruction in the documentation. It
> > seems as if the '$SYSCONFDIR/auth.conf' file is ignored entirely.
> > How
> > can I change logging such that I can see more information in the
> > log
> > file?
>
> What is the value of SYSCONFDIR? It is defined in
> $MODULEDIR/Sympa/Constants.pm.
>

> Regards,
> -- Soji

Hi Soji,

The value there is '/usr/local/etc'

I configured Sympa with the following parameters './configure --enable-
fhs --prefix=/usr/local --with-confdir=/etc/sympa --without-initdir --
with-unitsdir=/lib/systemd/system'.

And settings in '/etc/sympa/sympa.conf' seem to be honored.

Does this mean I should put my auth.conf in '/usr/local/etc'?

My Sympa installation will be serving one domain only. That's why I
thought that 'auth.conf' in SYSCONFDIR should be fine.