en - Re: [sympa-users] Logging and LDAP issue

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Logging and LDAP issue
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 14:34:11 +0100

On 16/11/2021 14:28, Fred van Etten (via sympa-users Mailing List) wrote:
On Tue, 2021-11-16 at 13:59 +0100, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
On 16/11/2021 13:54, Fred van Etten (via sympa-users Mailing List)
wrote:
I've installed sympa from source following the instructions on the
website. I use systemd on my server and I have all service files in
place to start sympa and wwsympa. All that remains now is to get
LDAP
working for this to be a success. So, I created
'$SYSCONFDIR/auth.conf'
with the same details that work on my old sympa server and it fails
without even a mention in the logs.

I have configured logs as per instruction in the documentation. It
seems as if the '$SYSCONFDIR/auth.conf' file is ignored entirely.
How
can I change logging such that I can see more information in the
log
file?

Hello Fred,

please provide the following information:

* Sympa version
* Location of auth.conf, usually /etc/sympa/auth.conf
* Contents of auth.conf (with passwords and other sensitive
information redacted)

Use log_level to increase the amount of logging information.

Regards
Racke

Sympa version: Sympa 6.2.66
Location of auth.conf: /etc/sympa/auth.conf
ontent of auth.conf:

ldap
host ldap.server.net
timeout 30
suffix ou=users,ou=accounts,dc=tree,dc=net
bind_dn cn=admin,dc=tree,dc=net
bind_password _hidden_
get_dn_by_uid_filter (uid=[sender])
get_dn_by_email_filter (maildrop=[sender])
email_attribute maildrop
scope sub
use_tls starttls
ca_verify required
ca_path /usr/local/share/ca-certificates
ca_file /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/us.crt

Thank you for pointing to the log_level parameter. It's in the man page
and I completely overlooked it. I do have a lot more log output now but
the auth.conf seems to still be ignored silently.

Hello Fred,

I think you are missing the line which matches the user's email.

ldap
regexp .*
host ldap.server.net

Regards