en - Re: [sympa-users] Logging and LDAP issue

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: Fred van Etten <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Logging and LDAP issue
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 10:15:15 +0100

On 17/11/2021 10:09, Fred van Etten wrote:
On Wed, 2021-11-17 at 09:52 +0100, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
On 17/11/2021 09:48, Fred van Etten (via sympa-users Mailing List)
wrote:
On Wed, 2021-11-17 at 17:01 +0900, IKEDA Soji wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:51:49 +0100
"Fred van Etten" (via sympa-users Mailing List) <
address@concealed> wrote:

On Wed, 2021-11-17 at 11:43 +0900, IKEDA Soji wrote:
Hi Fred again,

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:54:47 +0100
"Fred van Etten" (via sympa-users Mailing List) <
address@concealed> wrote:

I've installed sympa from source following the instructions
on
the
website. I use systemd on my server and I have all service
files in
place to start sympa and wwsympa. All that remains now is
get
LDAP
working for this to be a success. So, I created
'$SYSCONFDIR/auth.conf'
with the same details that work on my old sympa server and
it
fails
without even a mention in the logs.

I have configured logs as per instruction in the
documentation.
It
seems as if the '$SYSCONFDIR/auth.conf' file is ignored
entirely.
How
can I change logging such that I can see more information
in
the
log
file?

What is the value of SYSCONFDIR? It is defined in
$MODULEDIR/Sympa/Constants.pm.

Regards,
-- Soji

Hi Soji,

The value there is '/usr/local/etc'

I configured Sympa with the following parameters './configure
--
enable-
fhs --prefix=/usr/local --with-confdir=/etc/sympa --without-

And settings in '/etc/sympa/sympa.conf' seem to be honored.

Does this mean I should put my auth.conf in '/usr/local/etc'?

My Sympa installation will be serving one domain only. That's
why I
thought that 'auth.conf' in SYSCONFDIR should be fine.

Yes, auth.conf should be placed in SYSCONFDIR, i.e.
/usr/local/etc
with your configurataion.

Regards,
-- Soji

Okay, well, that worked. I'm sure that there is something that I
don't
understand but I'm thankful that you helped me to figure this out.

To sum that up, where is your working auth.conf located now?

Regards
Racke

It's in '/etc/sympa/sympa.conf'. Also I notice now that
'/usr/local/etc' has more sympa related configuration files but it
misses the any context. My auth file is in '/usr/local/etc/auth.conf'
which seems strange to me. Should I have configured sympa with
different parameters? Here is what I used:

./configure --enable-fhs --prefix=/usr/local --with-confdir=/etc/sympa
--without-initdir --with-unitsdir=/lib/systemd/system

Using /usr/local/etc on Debian is indeed very odd, let me verify what caused
that behaviour.

Regards
Racke

Debian and Sympa administration.