en - Re: [sympa-users] disabling "-request" alias

  • From: Joan Combs Durso <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] disabling "-request" alias
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 15:18:57 +0000

It can be confusing.  Two kinds of emails come in showing that -request alias as sender sometimes, 1) a content message from the list to subscribers or 2) a request to editors to approve a mail to go out.   Of course, the body of the email reveals the difference, but scanning your incoming emails based on sender may not.  I've been specifically asked if it could be fixed, as well. Ideally,  it would only say -request for approvals.

Safe and happier 2021 to all,
Joan

Joan Combs Durso, Ph.D.

Coordinator of Undergraduate Training, Research, and Development

Department of Statistical Science, Duke University