en - Re: [sympa-users] Lists disappeared

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Lists disappeared
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 11:53:18 -0400

On 4/5/19 10:32 AM, address@concealed wrote:

My hosting company has had some hardware failure that seems to have damaged
some data. While they have recovered to the point I can load the sympa web
page, it reports that there are no lists. The list archives seem to all be
there, but I'm not sure how to recover from this. Any suggestions?

One would hope that you had a full backup of the software, the config, and the data - starting with /etc/sympa/ and /home/sympa/

Not sure what you're using for an init system, but you might start by running "/etc/init.d/sympa status" or the systemd equivalent.

Sympa is a pretty complicated beast, it tends to require some knowledge & skill to install and administer. You need to have whomever that is, take a look.  And, again, hopefully you have backups!

Miles Fidelman

--

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but no one knows why. In our lab, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and no one knows why. ... unknown