en - Re: [sympa-users] Lists disappeared

  • From: Charles Martin <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Lists disappeared
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 17:18:57 -0400

Thanks, Stefan. Your answer was helpful rather than snarky, and I appreciate it.

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 8:01 AM Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <address@concealed> wrote:
On 4/5/19 4:32 PM, address@concealed wrote:
> My hosting company has had some hardware failure that seems to have damaged
> some data. While they have recovered to the point I can load the sympa web
> page, it reports that there are no lists. The list archives seem to all be
> there, but I'm not sure how to recover from this. Any suggestions?

1. Check the log files if they provide a hint why Sympa doesn't show the lists.

I find nothing of interest (to me) in the log files, except an entry about an attempt to create a list, which should not happen.

2. Check if the lists are still in the database (table name: list_table)

Yes, the lists are still in the database. There also are some "extra" lists that should not be there, possibly related to the above attempt to create lists. But it just looks like they were poking around on the public web page rather than accomplishing anything. I can't tell when the extra lists (like "test", "test1", etc.) were created as the creation dates for all lists are null.

Given my problems with my provider, I've begun installing sympa on a new VPS, and am trying to follow the instructions about moving and upgrading at the same time that I found here:

Chuck