en - Re: [sympa-users] configuration deleted. what's happening on debian sympa packages?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] configuration deleted. what's happening on debian sympa packages?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 12:45:46 +1300

Simone;

Is it possible that you made your configuration in the base files ( possibly under /usr/lib or /usr/share ) rather than the global or per-domain configuration files ( usually under /etc/sympa ) ?  If you change the base default files, these will be replaced when the package is upgraded.  All changes should be made by overriding the defaults using the /etc/sympa config files.

Another possibility is that the package was created wrong and did not specify the config directory or file.  This would be the case if you were to find your /etc/sympa.conf or /etc/wwsympa.conf being overwritten by a new package version.

Steve