en - [sympa-users] configuration deleted. what's happening on debian sympa packages?

  • From: Simone Dal Maso <address@concealed>
  • To: Simone Dal Maso <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] configuration deleted. what's happening on debian sympa packages?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 13:08:34 +0100

Hello,
yesterday during a regular apt-get update and upgrade some software were updated, and also sympa.
I have sympa 6.1.23.

I was not care about the version, but the surprise was that, after the upgrade, I have a new sympa installed, and all my configuration was... lost.
This is not acceptable... sorry but really I think iit is absurde that during an update all configurations file were lost.
Anyway, I restored a backup of 2 days ago, and if I type:

apt-get upgrade -s
for simulating, I can see:
Conf sympa (6.1.23~dfsg-2+deb8u1 Debian:8.7/stable [amd64])

so the version is the same?
6.1.23?
And what can I do now for preventing my system to update sympa and lost everything?